BPC F10 M5 Turbo Package
BPC F10 M5 BorgWarner EFR Twin Turbo Package
After eight months of development, we are proud to announce the completion of the F10 M5 Twin BorgWarner EFR 7163 package.
An industry first - We are proud to present the BPC Motorsports F10 M5 Turbo package. We chose very carefully when it came to picking the highest quality components for our products. This turbocharger has proven to be the fastest spooling, most reliable turbo available anywhere, for any price. This is not a factory turbocharger hogged out to use a larger compressor wheel. This package is a complete replacement turbo package, which features a pair of brand new turbochargers engineered for response and high power.
|Designed specifically for competitive racing use, the EFR 7163 is Borg Warner's newest addition to the EFR family. Latest generation compressors combined with state of the art 'Mixed-Flow Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel' design allows for remarkable spool and huge powerbands. This unique turbocharger is literally an off-the-shelf Indycar turbocharger, exclusively used by all 2014/2015 IRL teams.|
- EFR = Engineered for racing --- Borg Warner is an exclusive supplier of the Verizon indy car series, with over a half million miles on the turbochargers during practice, testing, qualifying, and racing without incident.
- EFR turbo development was a clean slate approach. This turbo was developed using TOP SHELF MATERIALS, just like our BMW cars. It is simply
- "The fastest spooling, quickest response turbocharger on the market, available anywhere, for ANY price"
- This exotic material was once only used in high end racing turbochargers but is now available as a standard option for a mass produced turbocharger.
- The compressor wheels are all made out of forged milled aluminum which are stronger than cast aluminum or billet aluminum.
- Redline Time Attack
- World Time Attack
- ALMS LMP2 champions in 2011, 2012, and 2013!
- This exact turbo was used on the 2014 Verizon series Indy car champion Will Power's winning car.
- Borg warner is an OEM supplier for Porsche, Audi, BMW, John Deere and Cat! Talk about torture testing.
- Compressor Wheel Type: FMW - Forged milled extended tip compressor wheel
- Compressor Wheel OD (Exducer): 71mm
- Compressor Wheel (Inducer): 57mm
- Turbine type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 63mm
- Stainless Steel Sand cast Turbine Housing
- Max Flow Rate: 60 lb/min
- Compressor Inlet : 2.5" hose coupler
- Compressor outlet: 2.0" hose coupler outlet
- Turbine Inlet: 0.85 A/R V-Band (Internal WG)
- Turbine outlet: GT-Vband (aka small 3" vband)
Turbo Features: What does all of this mean?
- Aluminum bearing housing torque capability is as good or better than cast iron.
- Mixed Flow Gamma-Ti turbine wheel = Quickest boost response because of light weight design
- Titanium exhaust wheel is just as light as the billet compressor wheel attached to the other end of the shaft (which is also titanium), and that gives this turbo a 1:1 weight ratio - super fast response, stiffness to weight ratio, and vibration damping characteristics.
- Military-grade dual ceramic ball bearing assembly with silver plated metal cage = Increased thrust capacity, durability, turbine efficiency. The ball bearing turbo is most noticed under initial spool up and transient on - off - on throttle response. It is far superior to journal bearing in this respect.
- Stainless steel turbine housing = Increased efficiency, Improved durability (LONGEVITY) , Corrosion resistance! No rusty turbo housings.
- Water cooled light-weight Aluminum bearing housing
- Large internal waste gate 42mm! Its not your standard internal waste gate that you're use to seeing on factory cars.
- V-Band Turbine Housing allows for easy install and removal with no gasket leaks or blowouts.
- BPC spec BorgWarner EFR 7163 turbochargers with modified compressor covers
- BPC spec exhaust manifolds (Titanium wrap is standard, optional ceramic coating)
- BPC spec wastegate actuators
- BPC spec coolant and oil lines
- BPC twin 3" downpipes (Titanium wrap is standard, optional ceramic coating)
- BPC intake system (Option for factory airbox or cold air intake system)
- BPC intercooler pipe kit with Water Methanol provisions, high quality silicon couplers and clamps.
Please contact us for pricing and availability